Nine INESC-ID researchers are among the most cited top scientists in the world
Nine INESC-ID researchers are among the most cited top scientists at the top 2% of their respective areas.
Portugal is represented in this list compiled by Stanford University with 385 scientists affiliated to several national institutions.
The rankings are based upon a researcher’s citations for both a single year (2019) and cumulative across their careers. Titled “Updated science-wide author databases of standardized citation indicators,” the list uses algorithms that quantify and systematically rank individuals into consistent scientific fields.
The scores are provided both with and without self-citations to lessen the impact of researchers employing extreme self-citations or the use of citation farms (small clusters of researchers massively citing each other’s work).
Ranked within the careerlong citation impact list are these INESC-ID researchers:
- Arlindo Oliveira – Information and Decision Support Systems (IDSS)
- Gil Marques – Green Energy and Smart Converters (GESC)
- Leonel Sousa – High Performance Computing Architectures and Systems (HPCAS)
- J. Fernando Silva – Green Energy and Smart Converters (GESC)
- Francisco Santos – Artificial Intelligence for People and Society (AIPS)
- Joaquim Jorge – Graphics and Interaction (GI)
- Luís A. F. M. Ferreira – Sustainable Power Systems (SPS)
- Victor Fernão Pires – Green Energy and Smart Converters (GESC)
- Ana Paiva – Artificial Intelligence for People and Society (AIPS)
The article and list of leading scientists can be consulted at: https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.3000918
International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing
The 27th International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing (Euro-Par 2021) will take from August 30 to September 3 2021 in Lisbon.
Euro-Par is the prime European conference covering all aspects of parallel and distributed processing, ranging from theory to practice, from small to the largest parallel and distributed systems and infrastructures, from fundamental computational problems to full-fledged applications, from architecture, compiler, language and interface design and implementation, to tools, support infrastructures, and application performance aspects.
The 2021 edition of Euro-Par will be organized as a collaboration between INESC-ID and Instituto Superior Técnico (IST).
– Abstract Submission: February 5, 2021
– Paper Submission Deadline: February 12, 2021
– Author Notification: April 30, 2021
– Camera-Ready Papers: June 6, 2021
More information is available here.